Professional Dental Cleanings From Your Dentists in Brantford
As a compassionate, highly skilled dentist in Brantford, at Brantford Family Dental Centre, we’re dedicated to helping each of our patients care for their oral health with prevention, maintenance, and education. While needs vary from person to person, here’s what you can expect when visiting our office for a dental cleaning:
Examination: After reviewing your dental and medical history, we’ll conduct a visual and radiograph assessment of your teeth, gums, and mouth. We’ll examine your bite and chewing patterns, and determine whether you’re in need of or may benefit from preventive, restorative, or cosmetic dental treatments and share our findings with you.
Cleaning: Once we’ve screened your mouth for symptoms of oral cancer, we’ll clean and remove any plaque, tartar, and surface stains from your teeth. We’ll take this time to inform you about preventive steps you can take to improve your oral health, ensure that your brushing and flossing techniques are what they should be, and discuss any immediate dental needs you may have.
At-home recommendations: The state of your oral health impacts your overall health as it’s the gateway to the body. A mouth that isn’t well cared for with regular brushing, flossing, and professional cleaning can be a mecca for bacteria that, left untreated, can enter the bloodstream and cause inflammation in vital organs, such as the lungs and heart.
To keep your mouth healthy, be sure to:
- Brush at least twice daily with fluoride toothpaste. The way you brush is important. Do your best to remove all plaque with circular brushing motions, ensure that you’re brushing your tongue thoroughly, and never go to bed without ensuring that your mouth is clean.
- Floss at least once each day. Brushing alone can’t reach every tooth surface. Be sure to floss at least once each day, and if you experience bleeding, don’t be concerned. Over time, regular bleeding will minimize as gums become accustomed to the practice.
- Eat a nutritious diet. Cavities are caused by mouth bacteria, and this mouth bacteria needs sugar to produce tooth-damaging acids. Limit your intake of sugary foods and drinks, and choose to consume a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables to boost your oral and overall health.
- Quit smoking. The habit does more than yellow teeth and cause smoker’s breath over time. Avoid significant and negative oral effects and quit today!
- Have dental cleanings performed regularly. Your teeth should be professionally cleaned and examined at least twice a year. These assessments ensure that any issues are caught early and that more complex and expensive treatments are less likely to be required.
We’d love to help you optimize your smile, regardless of your dental condition. Call us today to schedule an appointment!
Get In Touch With Us About Dental Cleanings Today
- Ensure that your dental health is a priority
- Build a trusting relationship with dental professionals
- Address any issues early on
- Minimize your need for complex and/or expensive future treatments
- Protect your oral and overall health for life!